The Park Ridge Village Hall was built in 1896 at the six points intersection of Prospect Avenue, Touhy Avenue and Northwest Highway. The first image of the Hall shows the siting of this triangular building with the front door at the northwest corner of Touhy and the Highway. Note the muddy roads in both directions in this early image, which also shows the first elevated water tank behind the Hall.
The second image is the same building, now City Hall, still anchoring the corner, with much improved roadways seen in both directions. The municipal water supply is now fed from an underground reservoir. The building addition seen along Touhy Avenue was to accommodate motor vehicles for the Fire and Police Departments. Upon demolition of this City Hall in 1948, many City Departments transferred into the old Carpenter mansion, just along the Highway to the right, which served as City Hall for a few years.